Call the Experts to Restore your Thomas, Colquitt or Grady County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at southwest Georgia commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady Counties:
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Smoke and Soot Damage
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 229-236-1902
It's almost Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is just around the corner. Our area of southwest Georgia can get a hurricane at a category three, or the tropical storm impacts. Either way, being prepared is better than not at all. Here are some precautionary steps to take before the storm hits:
Make sure you and your family have a plan in order in case evacuating is the choice or mandatory for your area. If you live by the coast, or in a mobile home, this is most likely the safest option.
Keep Emergency Non-Perishables On Hand
Items like extra batteries for flashlights, candles and matches, three-day supply of water, tools, portable phone charger and food that does not need to be refrigerated or cooked.
Take Photos of Personal Property and Home
This is important if you need to file an insurance claim post-storm. It can make the claims process quicker. Make sure if you need to evacuate, this is one of the things you take with you.
Protect Home and Business
Cut weak branches or trees near building, replace gravel and rocks with mulch or pine straw around landscaping, secure boats and trailers, and install storm shutters around windows and doors.
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady counties are always prepared for whatever happens. Storm and flood damage can be devastating. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Call us if you need us at 229-236-1902
We Can Clean Your Business's Carpets and Upholstery
Your business or office space is sure to have lots of traffic in and out of it everyday. It can also be one of the first things that customers see when they walk in. You want to make a good impression on them, and having dirty carpet is not going to do that. Clean carpet will make your office stand out above the others, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is here to help you achieve that.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Add Carpet Cleaning to your regular maintenance schedule
Carpet that is well cared for and receives regular maintenance will last much longer, saving you money. Customers will feel more comfortable in an office or business that looks well cared for.
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt & Grady Counties is here to help your business look it's best! Call us to day to schedule services. 229-236-1902
Conditions In Thomasville, Moultrie or Cairo Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home or business, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, crawlspaces, or foundations, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a building a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady Counties to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 229-236-1902.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady Counties for mold remediation services.
For Immediate Service in Thomasville, Moultrie, Cairo or Bainbridge, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt, and Grady Counties provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in southwest Georgia. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 229-236-1902.
Whether your Thomasville or Moultrie home needs emergency flood damage, or your Cairo or Bainbridge business needs upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Thomasville, Cairo or Moultrie commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Fireworks are always a fun way to celebrate summer holidays, and even New Year's Day! Although fun, they can also be dangerous if proper safety measures are not taken seriously.
Memorial Day is coming up, lets talk legal firework safety!
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks and only allow older children to handle them with adult supervision
- Never use fireworks if impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Anyone around or using fireworks should wear protective eye wear
- Never light them indoors and use them away from houses and buildings
- Never point them or throw them at people
- Never ignite them in a container
- keep a bucket of water nearby to put out fireworks that do not go out on their own, and to soak them before throwing them out
- Never use illegal fireworks
We have compiled these tips from the National Safety Council. Read more here: https://www.nsc.org/home-safety/tools-resources/seasonal-safety/summer/fireworks
Follow these steps and enjoy your firework show. Happy Memorial Day!
As always, SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady counties is here to help. Call us at 229-236-1902.
Have you started preparing for Hurricane Season? Visit https://www.noaa.gov/ for more information!
It's hurricane preparedness week, are you ready?
It is never too early to start preparing for hurricane season, so here are some tips to get you started. First and foremost, make an evacuation plan. Find out if you live in a hurricane evacuation zone and listen to trusted sources for receiving evacuation orders. If you live in a well-built home and choose to stay there, board up your windows and clear your yard of anything that could fly and potentially cause damage. Also, review your insurance policies and prep your insurance for hurricanes. Prepare an emergency disaster kit. This can include non-perishable food, water, flashlights (don't forget extra batteries), first aid kits, blankets, and even a whistle to signal for help. If you think you need it, then pack it! Have pets? You can also pack an emergency disaster kit that includes their food, water, medications, and microchip your pets in advance. Speaking of packing, prepare a few "Go" bags; this will save you time if you need to evacuate quickly. Lastly, prepare your family. Have a specific spot you will meet if you ever get separated and review your whole plan with them. Remember prepare today, worry less tomorrow. Happy planning!
An Ounce of Prevention can Protect your Home Investment
You can help keep your insurance costs down and protect your property as well.
The most important step you can take is to identify any humidity, moisture, or water damage problems before they create bigger problems such as mold or structural damage.
Here are some important tips to prevent water damage that could potentially turn into a mold issue.
- Periodically inspect your home inside and out.
- Look for any water or moisture. Pay attention around pipes, in basements, or crawl spaces. If you see a problem, call SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt, and Grady to identify the extent of the damage.
- Your nose knows. Musty and moldy odors may be an indicator of growing molds.
- Control humidity in bathrooms, showers, and wherever water is repeatedly used. Exhaust fans, proper caulking, and regular cleaning with a bleach-based cleaning product will help keep problems away.
- Ventilation matters. Proper ventilation in attics, crawl spaces, basements, and other dark spaces can help stop moisture problems.
- Regularly having your HVAC systems and air conditioners inspected can identify moisture problems or drain clogs.
Thomasville, Cairo, Bainbridge and Moultrie Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Crawlspace Cleanup!
A basement or crawlspace can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Crawlspaces are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of the building. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement or Crawlspace Flooding?
Call Today - 229-236-1902
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded crawlspace can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Thomas, Colquitt and Grady Counties and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
Basement or Crawlspace Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 229-236-1902